Abbott Direct Sales Representative, CRM in Houston, Texas
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Job Summary : \
As team leader,coordinates the activities of Direct Sales Representatives, Direct Sales Associates, Technical Service Specialists, and Interns to cover implants of Abbott CRM products. Primary focus of Senior Sales Consultant will be to call on referring physicians and other medical doctors with influence over implanting patterns who themselves typically do not implant ICD products, and help increase Abbott CRM product sales. Senior Sales Consultants will also call on CRM implanting physicians, medical laboratories, distributors, and hospitals to sell a variety of Abbott/USD medical devices in an assigned territory. May conduct marketing surveys, effectiveness reviews of calls/sales activities, and territory analysis. Services accounts, suggests and presents new products, and takes orders. As appropriate, assists marketing personnel on advertising and promotional sales strategies.
Job Duties :
• Call on referring physicians and other medical doctors with influence over implanting patterns who themselves typically do not implant ICD products, and help increase Abbott CRM product sales
• Coordinates implanting schedules for Direct Sales Representatives, Direct Sales Associates and TSSs assigned to the Senior Sales Consultant’s team.
• Contacts, visits and interests clients and potential clients in the Company’s products and addresses any client questions and concerns.
• Provides medical professionals with information and training on the use of Company products and with staff education, in-services and technical troubleshooting.
• Insures that all pertinent patient information (Patient Registration Form) is completed and forwarded to patient tracking when required.
• Responsible for the management of physical inventory located within assigned territory.
• Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
• Analyses sales statistics; prepares reports; and performs required administrative sales duties, e.g., filing expense account reports, scheduling appointments, and making travel plans.
• May attend trade shows where new products and technologies are showcased and conferences to meet other sales representatives and clients and discuss new product developments.
• Prepares special analyses as required.
• Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise.
• Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
• Working within broad objectives, is accountable for maintaining and, where possible, expanding the level of sales in assigned area.
• Ensures the prompt follow-up of sales leads, the investigation of complaints, and the timely completion and filing of standard reports required by sales management.
• Has authority to make sales commitments for assigned efforts and is accountable for results. May provide substantial input to Division-wide sales standards, practices, procedures and policies.
• Decisions and recommendations have critical impact on significant organizational projects or operations. May develop solutions and resolve complex problems that could significantly impact organization budgets and/or commitments.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
• A minimum of 5 years as a CRM sales representative.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent and typically four plus years of progressively more responsible sales experience, including experience with medical devices.
• Working knowledge of domestic regulations relative to the medical device industry.
• Prefer an advanced credential in a relevant discipline/concentration, professional certification or designation.
• A comprehensive understanding of cardiac rhythm management technology desired.
• A demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate technologically complex devices; ability to work with and direct others effectively; ability to prepare and present strong written and verbal communications; and familiarity with medical device industry policies, operations and procedures.
• Documented record of delivering sales/marketing information which adds value to management's decision making process.
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, physicians, hospital administrators, government agencies, medical groups, and other sales representatives.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication, negotiation, sales, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of frequently used personal computer programs and relevant applications.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to travel, including internationally.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States of America : Remote
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews