Abbott Customer Success Manager (Laboratory Informatics Tech.) in Abbott Park, Illinois
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott Informatics supports the rapidly changing data management needs across organizations with our STARLIMS solution product suite. Our world-class Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and other informatics software solutions collect, handle, and interpret the data customers need to get their products to market more quickly.
Account Manager (Ambassador)
Primary Job Function, Accountability and Scope:
Be the representative of Abbott and the Abbott Informatics brand to the customer. This position is a very visible and will influence customer purchase decisions. Considers financial and customer implications as part of decision making. The Account Manager operates as primary contact with customer account; with a focus to improve economic profitability; increase customer loyalty; secure retention; and drive value expansion. Act as trusted partner to existing customers. Interact with internal functional areas (Professional Services, Product Management, Services, Sales Ops, Marketing and Support). Exhibits high level of integrity; honesty; keeping commitments and presenting information completely and accurately to both internal and external customers. Monitor and maintains customer satisfaction through direct contact.
Core Job Responsi b ilities:
· Responsible for driving profitable revenue and closing opportunities within targeted named accounts.
· Investigates and understands the customers and their business environment including goals; objectives; strategies and competitive situation.
· Identifies industry trends and changing market regulations and understands impact on strategic account.
· Maintains a detailed understanding of customer decision makers and influencers; builds and preserves customer relationships to leverage in driving new sales
and protecting base business.
· Identifies opportunities or acts upon previously identified opportunities to prepare and deliver account-specific Abbott value proposition resulting in positive action.
· Understands; analyzes and accurately interprets key financial performance indicators for strategic accounts and how Abbott’s solutions will impact targeted
· Negotiates contracts resulting in long-term commitments.
· Coordinates all appropriate Abbott resources to execute the strategic account plan including assigning roles; expectations; responsibilities and timelines; engages
members of the team through ongoing communication; tactical planning and execution.
- Organizes own activities and time to complete multi-faceted tasks and assignments; Manages daily workload related to call documentation; parts inventory and
cycle count accuracy
- Anticipate, identify and meet internal and external customer needs and requests; negate and resolve conflicts; maintain a professional demeanor, even under
M ini m um Experie n ce Re q uired
2 to 4 years enterprise software experience with strong knowledge of Laboratory Informatics
Excellent negotiation skills
Important for non- English regions:
• Fluent in local language both written and spoken
• Fluent English both written and spoken
M ini m um Education
BS Science / Eng. or higher in Life Sciences, Computer Sciences, or other scientific discipline
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org