Abbott Finance Intern in Abbott Park, Illinois
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The purpose of the internship is to provide meaningful professional hands-on experience to students with proven academic performance and leadership potential. Ideal candidates will utilize and further develop technical and soft skills (i.e, communication), business knowledge, analytical techniques and creative problem solving abilities.
The assignments are carried out in a variety of work environments such as: corporate and operating unit headquarters, manufacturing plants and support function locations, where the interns will interact with various finance co-workers and business partners.
Abbott’s worldwide business offers these interns an opportunity to work in a variety of fields, including:
· Financial Planning & Analysis
· Manufacturing Accounting
· Logistics/Supply Chain Finance
· Corporate Initiatives/Projects
Intern assignments could be located at the following locations (matched by Abbott):
· California (Alameda, Santa Clara, & Temecula)
· Abbott Park, IL
· Dallas, Tx
· Columbus, OH
Abbott strongly considers high performing interns as candidates for their Financial Professional Development Program (FPDP) after they graduate. Abbott’s (FPDP) is a two-year rotational leadership development program with four separate work assignments. The diverse assignments cover areas in: corporate and division headquarters, affiliate locations, manufacturing plants and other operating environments at various sites in the US and around the world.
· Completed at least one year of college education before beginning internship
· Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
· BS/BA student
· Before graduation, planning to complete minimum of 4 Accounting classes (one 3-4 credit hour accounting course needs to be cost accounting)
· School and/or work experience using Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
· BS/BA students with an emphasis on Finance and Accounting coursework; pursuing degrees such as Business Admin, Economics, Statistics, and Public Health
· Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
· On-campus leadership positions
· Member of school or national organizations in finance or accounting
· Previous work experience in finance or accounting related positions
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org