Abbott Senior Field Clinical Engineer in Abbott Park, Illinois
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Senior, Field Clinical Engineer, Atrial Fibrillation
Working without appreciable supervision, the Sr. FCE is responsible for supporting the EnSite 3000™ System sales and marketing process, by providing expert clinical consultation, teaching and support on the use of the EnSite System and its appropriate application in the clinical setting. The Sr. FCE is also expected to provide consulting to customers on the complete AF product line. Provides field support for accurate technical support/ troubleshooting, and strategic collaboration with Sales to develop business in the local territory. Works within a small team atmosphere, including Sales Reps, their respective Regional Management, and AF Product Division personnel to develop individual account and territory sales strategies; Performs training and other related logistics coordination and gathers market/customer related feedback to ensure annual operating objectives attained. The Sr. FCE participates in the sales and marketing process and is responsible for ensuring all new accounts are established in accordance with Abbott’s AF Division’s educational and in-service specific objectives and that ongoing product utilization is encouraged when necessary or requested through in-lab support and consultation with the EP and other lab support personnel. Mentors less experienced FCEs and provides leadership in the FCE disciplines within the region. May serve in a “Lead” capacity for other FCEs in the region to include the scheduling of case coverages.
Impact this role will have within the organization:
• Gathers, analyzes, and disseminates Competitive Intelligence for assigned geographies/competitors.
• Maximizes revenue opportunity through demonstrated consultative selling of a broad range of AF products.
• Provides formal in-service/education to clinicians on the use of the EnSite System.
• Demonstrates a thorough command of EnSite System related product and technical knowledge; cardiac mapping and ablation techniques, trends and players.
• Provides expert clinical consultation on the use of our system to the EP, and lab support staff.
• Coordinates all necessary logistics related to hospital training for new accounts.
• Takes a leadership role in ensuring that region integrates appropriately with AF Product Division personnel who are performing post-market approval clinical studies program involving the EnSite System.
• Initiates, develops, expands, and maintains excellent customer rapport and relationships.
• Initiates new training courses, while keeping a clinically based "consultative approach" the primary goal.
• Exhibits sound business sense and logic when utilizing assigned expense budgets, and suggesting alternatives to normal Abbott policy when strategizing to accomplish goals.
• Participates in on-site procedure observations to ensure new product evaluations are successful, utilization is encouraged, customer and personal technical knowledge is enhanced, and customer rapport is developed.
• Provides timely and comprehensive market information to management as requested.
• Identifies possible product line extensions or product enhancements by submitting formal proposals regarding identified needs and/or development ideas.
• Provides prompt, professional, and pertinent follow-up (written or otherwise as required) in response to all customer interactions to insure our existing customer base is maintained and new customers are developed.
• Fosters creativity within the region by implementing new and enterprising approaches to the job.
• Functions as an expert resource for covering difficult and high volume of cases, handling esoteric technical service calls, critical software testing, advisory boards, and high profile presentations.
• Functions as a “pipeline” between Abbott and the Medical Community, constantly communicating important information to customers, within the FCE group and to other departments (product planning, engineering, marketing and education). This includes providing Product feedback, comments and suggestions and Competitive information to the Product Planning and Marketing groups.
• Develop several key accounts where the FCE presence can produce maximum benefits, both to the company and to the FCE’s professional development. These key accounts should be resource centers to Abbott for clinical trials, employee training and Advisory Boards. Mentor FCEs on key account development.
• Two-year technical degree in a related field, or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology/related preferred.
• Typically a minimum of six plus years of progressively more responsible relevant clinical work experience in cardiology, electro-physiology, or cardiac electro-physiology procedures.
• High level of competency in cath lab and operating room protocol and procedures.
• Demonstrated competencies with the sales and technical aspects of advanced or three-dimensional cardiac mapping systems and Broad cross-disciplinary and in-depth knowledge of the clinical engineering profession
• Qualified record of implementing new processes to existing clinical engineering and related systems.
• Requires comprehensive written and verbal communication, interpersonal, facilitation, presentation, quantitative, analytical, organizational, follow-up skills, and the ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects as well as the ability to converse effectively with all levels of employees, management, and customers.
• A demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable FDA regulations and Company operating procedures, processes, policies, and tasks is also required.
• Advanced personal computer skills including spreadsheet, word processing database management, and specialized applications.
• Must be able to handle multiple assignments.
• Must be able to perform in a diverse cross-functional team environment.
• An advanced credential in a relevant discipline/concentration.
• Professional Health Science certification or designation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com