Abbott Specialist Technical Support - Remote ( Michigan, Ohio, Indiana) in Abbott Park, Illinois
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Support Abbott Molecular sales growth by delivering a primary levels of instrument field service needed to support customers, field sales, and the technical Support Team. Attainment of a Field Service Specialist is achieved by consistently engaging in field service activities that are related to both scheduled service and troubleshooting service activities related to Abbott Molecular instrument systems. The individual in this position should also be able to apply basic levels of engineering theory to understand root cause issues/ problems, and apply solutions to those problems. Service related activities and findings must well documented into the Abbott Molecular call management database that is part of the Abbott Molecular
Provide system technical support for Abbott Molecular instrument systems that are located in the western US ( Michigan, Ohio, Indiana)
The essential job functions needed to perform this job include: · Provide on demand front line field service support to Abbott Molecular customers.
Install and verify proper operation of instrument systems in a customer diagnostic laboratory setting.
Perform scheduled preventative maintenance interventions that include calibration, hardware or software upgrades, and verify work completed.
Become a technical subject matter expert on current and new instrument products.
Troubleshoot instrument system problems through telephone support, log file reading, or on-site client visitations.
Maintain a repair parts inventory and provide input on parts usage related to failures.
Actively participating in area or worldwide conference calls, service summits, expert meetings and workshops.
Providing back-up service support outside of assigned territory as needed.
Provide technical support at Abbott trade shows, sales demonstrations, and customer sites.
Maintaining and managing your own spare parts field service inventory kits according to defined procedures and service recommendations.
Create and maintain service records and documents, using a call management system.
Provide feedback and communication to enhance technical service documents and bulletins that will be used by other field service personnel.
Provide communication updates to the service manager and other service staff colleagues.
The candidate will use fundamental engineering based skills to support Abbott Molecular instrument systems that are installed at US based customer sites.
Candidate applicants for this position will be required to visit customer sites and travel to sites approximately 90% of the time.
The candidate will be expected to support an Western United States territory and travel on demand to a customer location.
Additional travel can include- trade shows, technical expert meetings and travel to other US or Canadian locations in order to provide back up support to other Abbott territories.
Comply with all regulatory, FDA, and AM quality system procedures. ·Accountability should also include adhering to and maintaining office of ethics and compliance initiatives set by Abbott and AMD. ·Consistent account monitoring and maintaining account customer satisfaction through direct communication and documenting activities in the AMD call management system. ·Demonstrating that analytical engineering tools are used to help make decisions in their service role and decisions. ·Meeting departmental standards and timelines initiatives. ·Assisting and collaborating with the Lead FSS in the group.
Providing effective communication to the customer, account sales representatives, application specialist, Lead Field Service Specialist, and service manager.
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline: Engineering, Electronics, Life Sciences or Molecular Science. The selected individual is responsible for achieving service excellence through technical abilities and must be able to confidently demonstrate the assurance to meet client expectations. Candidates applying for this position should have skills and experience, which minimally meet the following requirements:
· Strongly preferred is 2 + years’ experience in field service at troubleshooting electromechanical software controlled instrument systems.
· Have an ability to troubleshoot and repair electromechanical instrument systems.
· Excellent communication skills- including both verbal and written.
· Pay attention to details and strive for technical excellence in your work.
· Listen to the customer, understand each service situation and provide a response that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
· Have the ability to demonstrate proper etiquette and empathy for each customer interaction.
· Ability to work with other internal Abbott cross-functional groups including system application specialists and field sales representatives.
· Ability to document work performed and be well organized.
· Ability to understand and troubleshoot software based PC programs
· Ability to use standard application software such as- Lotus Notes, MS Word, Excel, and Access.
· Ability to operate laboratory instrumentation including multi-meters, and data acquisition equipment.
· Comprehend, understand, and maintain quality compliance initiatives and procedures that are used within the organization.
· Understanding the fabrication of parts, electromechanical motion control, and mechanical alignment is essential. The individual in this position must be able to work well with others and demonstrate proper etiquette and communication skills in all situations. The individual needs to be adaptable to changing priorities and demands.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com