Abbott Key Account Manager in Ahmedabad, India
The KAM is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating sales activities and strategies within a given geographical area while increasing sales, profits and market share on a long term basis. The KAM is required to maintain an active and visible role with hospital and Laboratory customers (including National Accounts, Hospital Chains, Distributors etc) on an as needed basis.
• Establish a close relationship with the Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) of the country
• Work closely with ADD Acquisition in their region to maintain and grow the business
• Build a close relationship with the existing ADD customers and where possible maintain and expand business
• Establish concepts for new customers including detailed information and calculations on different strategies e.g. RAP, leasing etc. Point out costs and benefits of the alternatives
• Work on offers/contracts with new as well as with existing customers. Negotiate with the customer the contents (e.g. products, prices) of the contracts and the needed approvals
• Evaluate the potential within own district prior to the launch of a new product
• Present at Cycle/Sales meetings how the business in own territory has developed within the last month, anticipate a realistic development for the business within the next month
• Identify, show and implement appropriate strategies to face the development
• Monitor the development within own district closely and take action whenever required
• Identify business that is at risk and anticipate business that will be at risk
• Collect information on competitors' sales, prices, benefits and products. Use their customers as well as exhibitions, competitors' "official" product information as sources to get this information
• Collect information on the specific customer's situation, e.g. work flow within the lab as well as used systems/instruments and technologies
• Update him or herself on relevant issues and developments such as e.g. reimbursement situation, new legal requirements, etc.
• Give instrument demonstrations to the customers
• Follow up on the installation of a new instrument or the start up of new parameters. Arrange the date for the installation with the customer and Technical Service
• Make sure that Technical Service takes over responsibility for the installation of the instrument
• Make sure that the required customer training takes place
• Fill in forms to initiate instrument moves, special prices or customer trainings
• Prepare proposals for customer contracts
• Update own customer files in aforce whenever necessary
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com