Abbott Manager, Freight Distribution in Alameda, California
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Responsible for managing regional freight and distribution services for the division, inclusive of material movement, storage and distribution from suppliers to end customers. Directly impacts the effective use of the transportation, warehousing, and distribution budget.
• Responsible for the management of Third Party Logistics partners in transportation, distribution, and warehousing
• Responsible for review/analysis of Logistics service suppliers and transitioning service providers where needed to maintain
the most efficient and cost-effective supply chain
• Coordinate with organizational functions, such as Sales/Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations, and Finance to provide
necessary supply chain support for both new and existing products
• Responsible for on time execution of customer requirements related to internal and external providers
• Manage transitions, as needed, with minimal disruption to customer needs
• Facilitate and coordinate multifunctional team meetings to ensure initiatives are accomplished
• Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures
• Work with cross-functional teams within the division and across divisions at the regional level
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Information Systems, or Technical Disciplines OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Substantial experience in a combination of supply chain planning, forecasting, and inventory management.
Some experience with ERP systems (e.g. SAP/APO and Business Warehouse data usage), analysis and presentation.
Excellent analytical and communication skills.
Substantial demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and build consensus across functional, business unit and geographic boundaries.
Third party and internal warehouse management experience strongly preferred.
Transportation (freight) experience strongly preferred; ideally a combination of land, sea, and air.
Finished good distribution experience strongly preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org