Abbott Education Specialist-Electrophysiology in Austin, Texas
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Job Summary :
Responsible for implementing and executing educational programs for Abbott field representatives, employees and customers. The Electrophysiology Training Instructor will have a thorough understanding of the customer, their needs and the evolving marketplace to ensure sales and clinical representatives are effective in selling to and supporting our customers with technology solutions. They will be instrumental in ensuring the field organization is prepared to not only engage customers on the features and clinical elements of our products, but also on the economic aspects of our technologies. This self-starter will not only be critical in designing new curricula, but will be instrumental in developing new and innovative ways to deliver the curriculum following best-practices in adult learning within assessed constraints.
Job Duties :
• In collaboration with multiple stakeholders (Education, Marketing, R&D, Sales, etc.), develops, implements and executes new employee and continuing education for Abbott employees on specific Therapy product technologies and sales best practices within classroom settings and/or other remote modalities.
• Develops, implements and executes curricula and training content to the field through multiple channels to build field competence in the following areas to drive sales effectiveness: clinical competence, technical knowledge, customer understanding, healthcare economic strategies, resource utilization and selling ability.
• Executes continuing education for physicians, fellows, and customers through customized education programs in the Austin facility, and periodically at national programs.
• Engages field organization through periodic visits to understand the current selling, competitive, clinical and healthcare environment and makes necessary changes to the curriculum to ensure employees are adequately trained.
• Oversees the process to ensure training materials and delivery strategies are updated and relevant to the needs of our internal and external customers through collaboration with Product Division, Marketing and Education peers.
• Ensures comprehensive course materials are maintained online.
• Maintains an organized and properly equipped education amphitheater and adjoining “hands on” rooms and projection area.
• Resolves issues and meets project deadlines.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and with respect to public assistance, or disability status. cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Life Sciences or equivalent
• 3 to 5 years training experience in a specific Electrophysiology Therapy area or equivalent sales and/or marketing experience
• Ability to apply the fundamental concepts and practices to conduct needs assessment and design training programs
• Understanding and expertise in the technical aspects and application of current and new products in EP Therapy area
• Affinity for educating others
• Demonstrated ability to simplify and explain complex topics effectively and experience developing others
• Excellent computer and software skills (experience with Microsoft Office or Adobe Creative Cloud required) in graphics, word-processing, databases, authoring programs, etc., to develop presentation materials
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent technical aptitude
• Ingenuity and willingness to develop creative solutions to complex problems within defined constraints
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to travel approximately 50%, including internationally.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org