Abbott SR CONTRACT MARKETING ANALYST in Austin, Texas
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Primary Job Function:
Ensures the timely review, detailed financial analysis, and administration of sales requests for pricing adjustments.
Develops, in conjunction with the sales team, the business rationale to support the request for adjusted pricing.
This rationale will include an analysis of historical sales, competitive pricing pressures, overall market dynamics, and any existing contractual status. Attention to detail is critical.
The ability to articulate key conclusions resulting from this analysis and make recommendations is required. Counsel the sales team to ensure the pricing request is consistent with the pricing strategy supported by sales & marketing
Core Job Responsibilities:
-Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
-Coordinates the creation of price letters by Contract Analysts and verify price loads generated by Contract Analysts. Work with legal department and negotiate business terms for non-standard contractual language.
-Analyst also has a critical field support role. Create ad hoc sales reports and/or analysis as needed. Serve as a resource to the sales force when direction is needed on OEC and corporate policies and procedures
regarding pricing and contracts. Some specific job responsibilities include:
· Upholds and promotes ethical and social norms in the preparation and implementation of contracts
· Support sales force by responding to requests for information regarding price or sales data.
· Provide account-specific analysis to investigate sales or pricing disputes. Interact directly with OEC, finance and legal when required for dispute resolution.
· Facilitates cross departmental (pricing, customer service, OEC, finance, legal) coordination and performs as an effective liaison between the field sales force and internal operations.
· Proactively anticipates needs of the field sales force and develops viable solutions for meeting goals and objectives
· Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and effectively prioritize multiple tasks is essential
· Ability to think outside of the box and develop creative solutions to enhance departmental goals and objectives.
-Assists with training and mentoring of new Analysts and provides coverage for peers during absences.
Coordinates the creation of price letters by Contract Analysts and verify price loads generated by Contract Analysts. Work with legal department and negotiate business terms for non-standard contractual language.
Analyst also has a critical field support role. Create ad hoc sales reports and/or analysis as needed. Serve as a resource to the sales force when direction is needed on OEC and corporate policies and procedures regarding
pricing and contracts.
Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred but not required.
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
6+ years of related work experience with a knowledge of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Excel and Word expertise required. Contracting experience and/or pricing experience preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com