Abbott Strategic Planning Director in Austin, Texas
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The Strategic Planning Director will partner with senior management to build a healthy organization, set strategy and process, and drive our most critical cross-functional efforts.
This role will enable increased efficiency and structure throughout the organization by focusing on troubleshooting and supporting the leadership team in driving our vision, strategy and roadmap.
• Drive cross-functional process around setting the company strategy, forming a plan,
executing and monitoring progress
• Help build a successful and healthy organization: design and execute on org structure, fi find knowledge and skills gaps and help to close them, design optimal workflows, and align internal processes
• Drive the priorities of the executive team by setting agenda for weekly meetings, shape off-sites, and identify opportunities to increase leadership team effectiveness
• Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, while ensuring deliverables are met
• Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects – from defining new opportunities to executing cross-functional initiatives, and closing the gaps in business and operations
• Drive process and be on top of finances, employee satisfaction, recruiting efficiency, training, facilities, etc.; work hand in hand with colleagues on the Finance and People teams
Sills and Experience:
• 6+ years experience in a combination of strategy, operations, consulting, investment banking, venture capital, product management or an equivalent field
• Ability to dive into any area of the business or product, understand the business needs, and make decisions based on changing priorities
• Entrepreneurial, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
• Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels of an organization
• Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success
• Proven experience designing and leading strategic planning
• Financial expertise and ability to create budgets, models, etc.
• Strong Analytical skills
• Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
• Advanced PowerPoint skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com