Abbott Sr. Front Line Leader - Columbus Plant- Day Shift On Call 24/7 in Columbus, Ohio
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
· Managing team of Front Line Leaders
· Responsible for the overall results for a single shift of a manufacturing operations line.
· Coordinate activities for the shift team to ensure delivery of all key performance metrics including those in EHS, Quality, Finance, Productivity and People.
· Lead efforts required delivering quality and compliance performance for the shift/ line of accountability. Initiate, manage, and make decisions which impact product quality.
· Manage budget accountability for Headcount, Overtime, and direct expenses for a shift and/or line. Track, trend and continuously improve budgetary performance for direct expenses, headcount, overtime (OT), Operating Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), production (Unit/Hour, Pounds/Hour), Material Usage Variance (MUV) and Scrap and Cost Improvement Projects (CIP).
· Drive OEE performance, understand the drivers, and develop and execute plans around improvement of line performance and quality metrics with support from the direct manager. Understand all key performance indicators, driving and executing plans for improvement through team engagement.
· Drive a culture of engagement through the team and department. Directly supervises team and participates in staffing activities. Develop all line personnel by securing appropriate training, providing mentoring and assigning progressively challenging stretch responsibilities within the scope of the team and department accountabilities.
Accountability / Scope/Budget:
· This position will require some general direction and supervision from direct manager; with key decisions being made in collaboration with direct manager and peer group. The Front Line Leader I will initially be learning through the direct coaching of management the leadership requirements to become competent in delivering organizational results in all key performance areas.
· He/She will develop the competence to lead their shift team in consistently meeting all organizational expectations of a Front Line shift team. Works with their direct manager to identify change opportunities and effectively manage these to positive outcomes for individuals, team, line and the business.
· Leadership in this role will primarily be focused on the direct reporting group with support from the direct manager, as required. Focus is on day to day operations, with short term focus based on meeting requirements that are tactical versus strategic.
· Manage and guide a team(s) of operators to improve quality and increase productivity on the line. Communicates to line personnel daily while maintaining a constant line presence. Maintains a safe work environment with 100% training and compliance to applicable procedures.
· Coordinates activities related to shift starts and changes. Leads and coordinates daily activities of the shift team to meet daily requirements that positively impact the rest of the multi-shift line results.
· Manages personnel and processes to ensure production meets all associated quality standards.
· Promote team, department and site goals through team communications and providing direction and guidance towards achievement.
· Active participation in team and department projects including responsibility for execution of assigned actions.
· Track, trend & report on established KPI's; communicating to functional manager and site leadership team on accomplishments, opportunities for improvement and planned actions.
· Follows escalation reporting process with inputs from peers/manager for decision making as required. Make and communicate decisions that are appropriate for level of accountability.
· Budgetary accountability is limited – $2MM USD.
· Assure team members are trained and understand duties, responsibilities, and performance against established expectations.
· Provide timely coaching, counseling and feedback.
· Develop all line personnel by securing appropriate training, providing mentoring and assigning progressively challenging stretch responsibilities within the scope of the team and department accountabilities.
· Execution of on time performance reviews for direct reports
Bachelor’s degree in business, science, food technology, engineering or 2 to 4 years of experience in a regulated industry, with preference being for food, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, cosmetics, etc.
Computer skills (MS Office), Time management skills; priority management skills
Working knowledge of Green Belt/ Lean Six Sigma Tools
Preferred: Green Belt Certification but not required
Background / Experience Required:
Demonstrated leadership skills
Knowledge of project planning tools and experience using them
Proven plant financial understanding
Experience working with and implementing Continuous Improvement tools & methodologies.
Previous experience working in a regulated manufacturing work environment
Experience utilizing project planning and execution tools
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com