Veterans at Abbott
Abbott Utility Co-ordinator in Cootehill, Ireland
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs more than 3,200 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Nutrition Division – Cootehill
Abbott Nutrition in Cootehill manufactures infant nutritional products for the export markets. The facility is dedicated to providing products of the highest quality standard to its customers.
Abbott Nutrition produces a range of infant formulae in all pack sizes under the brand name “Similac”. To complement the range of “Similac” infant formulae, the facility also manufactures a range of follow on formulae under the brand name of “Gain”. The essential ingredient is liquid skim milk and this is combined with carbohydrate, vegetable oils, vitamins and minerals. The product is blended, pasteurised, dried and packaged at the site and once packaged, is distributed to Europe, South East Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and Canada.
Established in 1975, Abbott Nutrition in Ireland is the largest powder manufacturing facility for the production of infant formulae within the Abbott Corporation worldwide.
Approximately 1,000 dairy farms in Ireland and Northern Ireland supply quality milk to the Cootehill facility which processes 500,000 litres per day. This secure supply together with Ireland’s reputation as a green, clean environment is of significant strategic importance to Abbott Nutrition.
We are now looking for Utility Co-ordinator and this position will include the following:
Primary Function / Goals / Objectives
An engineering professional who applies scientific knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics, and ingenuity to complete assignments related to maintenance excellence and reliability.
This position is involved in the overall lifecycle of capital assets (designing, delivering, operating, maintaining, and decommissioning) in the most productive and cost-effective manner.
Technical area’s of coverage to include all site serviced utilities:
· Gas boilers
· Low pressure hot water pumps
· Water treatment
· Air compressors
· Nitrogen generation
· Gas and electric consumption
· Coordinates and monitors activities within the Maintenance/Utility Excellence programs. Reviews plans and monitors status of implementation for those people assigned to effort; participates in site assessments.
· Estimates and coordinates resources needed (materials, budget, time and people) to accomplish assigned individual tasks.
· Participates in economic analysis and feasibility studies. Jointly responsible for achieving financial targets in support of business objectives.
· Supports the start-up of new facilities in the development of their maintenance strategy
· Independently gathers maintenance and manufacturing performance data (Maximo, EFT, Osi, BMS etc.), and performs preliminary analysis. Reports findings. Prepares and communicates recommendations and respective action plans to drive cost containment and cost reduction efforts.
· Anticipates future directions. Benchmarks internally and externally. Assists with deployment of predictive and reliability centred maintenance strategies.
· Provide a centralized, strategic look across equipment performance (downtime), material/component failure analysis.
· Predicts patterns/trends. Grasps complexities and sees relationships among data; determines consequences and alternatives; makes recommendations; analyses problems from multiple perspectives.
· Improves maintenance processes. Recognizes and implements process improvements and cost reductions; creatively applies others’ ideas.
· Leads root cause analysis for equipment downtime.
· Mentors others by sharing information and providing feedback and guidance.
· Prepares written communication. Conveys information effectively through formal and informal documents with team members, designers, technicians, and other technical personnel, both internal and external to Abbott, using appropriate communication protocols; obtains approval to proceed with proposed action plans.
· Establishes networks. Follows through on goals; contributes willingly and incorporates the ideas of others; shares resources, knowledge, and accountability to benefit the objectives of the business.
· Builds relationships. Initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments, e.g. offers assistance; interacts effectively with stakeholders at appropriate levels of the organization.
· Complies with all regulations and standards for quality, Environmental, Health, Safety, and Energy (EHS&E) Global Policies, Abbott Engineering Standards, and other governance areas as applicable.
· Ensures quality and effectiveness of assigned tasks.
· Has awareness of the potential consequences of changes to established processes.
· Identifies areas of risk with respect to compliance.
Contributes to the development of operational policies and procedures that affect personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with Quality & EHS regulations).
Holds themselves and others accountable to delivering results on time and right first time.
Plans work, monitors labor utilization, and manages overtime
Plan and schedule work in accordance with plant demand and available manpower.
Additional Responsibilities May Include:
· Develops procedures and standards.1pl & SW
· Directs the efforts of others such as technicians and outside resources.
· Provides training.
·Supervising the resources for Preventive/Predictive Maintenance.
·Customer interface (in support of uptime and meeting production plan) and/or daily performance review meetings – Tier 1 ,2 & 3.
·Leads capital plant projects or process/plant efficiencies, improvement initiatives (i.e. Uex)
·Plan, implement, and perform effectiveness checks for corrective actions on quality reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent discipline
2 years relevant experience in Engineering.
The ability to organize, motivate and understand people.
Good mental ability to logically follow a line of though for problem solving.
Microsoft office/project/CAD & PowerPoint
Accountability / Scope
Considerable and continual care and attention is needed to avoid substantial damage to equipment.
Continual attention needed to ensure plant reaches its annual production plan.
Failure on the incumbent part not to exercise due care could cause repeated small losses or occasional damage.
Environmental non-compliance will result in EPA/Legal censorship.
Discover why candidates choose a career at Abbott Ireland here at http://bit.ly/workingatabbottireland
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com