Abbott Technical Support Engineer in Donegal Town, Ireland
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150+ countries and employs approximately 97,000 people.
In Ireland, Abbott has five business units, represented across eight manufacturing sites. The Abbott Diabetes Care division based in Donegal Town manufactures FreeStyle blood glucose test strips for use in diabetes management. Among Abbott Diabetes Care leading brands are the FreeStyle Precision, FreeStyle Lite and FreeStyle Libre system.
Visit Abbott at www.abbott.ie at http://www.abbott.ie/ or www.abbott.com at http://www.abbott.com/ and connect with us on Twitter at @AbbottNews.
• Create & lead complex project plans, managing the associated cost and time constraints
• Support the development and execution of engineering trials / characterisation studies or contribute to analytical development through design and execution of experiments, data analysis and communication of conclusions through presentations and reports.
• Coordinate and contribute to the design of SOPs, test methods, protocols, specifications and validation documentation (IQ/OQ/PQ).
• Data management, trending (including SPC) and reporting of product performance and other business measures.
Requirements for the role:
• Science or engineering degree with experience in either: Materials Science, Analytical Chemistry or Process Engineering / Development
• Postgraduate qualification (MSc or PhD) in relevant subject desirable
• Strong understanding of the principles of experimental design and data analysis.
• Excellent communication / interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiastic and energetic with the ability to integrate quickly into a team environment.
• Demonstrated flexible and innovative approach to work.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org