Veterans at Abbott
Abbott Network Architect in Dublin, Ireland
Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices and nutritionals products. In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 4,000 people across nine sites.
We have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo.
Abbott has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been operating in Ireland since 1946.
ABBOTT BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY SERVICES AT CHERRYWOOD
Abbott Information Technology (IT) is responsible for delivering Information technology solutions and services to over 130+ countries globally.
To support this global footprint, Abbott IT is building a new team in Ireland located in Cherrywood, Dublin. The newly established hub will be a strategic location
for technology talent, delivering regional programs and supporting global operations for critical services.
Candidate would be responsible for solution design for Abbott’s Global Data Network. This position will serve as the technical lead for projects involving complex planning for all Abbott sites including acquisition/divestiture activities as well as provide Level IV support for Implementation and Operations.
The candidate will lead feasibility studies of new technologies, detailed design creation, and proposal preparation for network engineering related initiatives. Responsible for timely interaction with customers of the platform, peer technologists, and senior management.
The ideal candidate will have experience in routing/ switching, Cisco ACI, WLAN, Load Balancing, and Data Center, Firewalls, VPN Gateways and DNS/DHCP.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Lead Cisco routing and switching architect with strong data center experience.
• Design large scale enterprise WAN, LAN, WLAN including routers, switches, firewalls, and other network related hardware.
• Defines, plans and designs innovative enterprise Network infrastructure solutions.
• Define requirements in support of budget plans and make recommendations for ways to improve performance, reduce costs, and meet business requirements.
• Defines the architecture and product standards for the enterprise network solutions
• Evaluates and identifies opportunities for network performance and functionality improvement within the enterprise network.
• Participate in the development efforts to bring automation into the network environment.
• Responsible for compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and industry best practices.
• Successfully negotiate technical design and deployment strategy with key stakeholder and consumers of the service.
• Serve as the platform technical subject matter expert and provide consulting support to the business and end-user organizations.
• Produce and maintain timely, accurate engineering documentation to support implementation, operations support and quality/compliance requirements.
• Frequently interacts with supplier technical staff including product development and engineering teams.
• Integrates technical expertise with communication, leadership and business skills in a team environment.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, while adhering to deadlines
• Demonstrates mastery of the concepts and theory of network security, and possess adept knowledge of data networking, including expertise in switching, routing, directory services, and TCP/IP fundamentals.
• Demonstrates knowledge of encryption protocols, as well as means for compromising systems based on known vulnerabilities.
• Demonstrates a strong customer centric approach and excellent communications skills.
• Supports Abbott global data network operations support staff worldwide.
• Keeps abreast of industry trends and makes architecture road-maps and or recommendation based on these trends.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunication, or other related field
5-10 years network experience with multinational enterprises of 5000+ users.
MS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Telecommunications. Active Certifications: CISSP, CCNP, CCSE, CCIE.
Check Point Firewalls
F5 Load Balancer (GTM and LTM)
Experience in healthcare related industries is a plus.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com at http://www.abbott.com/ , on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/ , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com