Veterans at Abbott
Abbott Collection Officer in Essex, United Kingdom
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create the life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
Abbott RapidDiagnostics (formerly Alere ) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies. The position of Collections Officer is within our Toxicology Business Unit located at Reading -United Kingdom . In this role, you will work remotely and be required to attend various locations to carry out specimen collections in a number of methods e.g. urine, breath, hair, oral fluid as required.
· Conduct specimen collections competently following collection procedures and customer requirements and instructions in order to deliver a quality specimen collection service at customer locations
· To provide availability to attend collections during the day, evenings, weekends and public holidays in line with business needs
· To Participate where there is a business need in a 24-hour on-call rota on an equal basis with the rest of the team and respond to calls immediately and arrive on site within 2 hours
· To remain current with process by reading and acknowledging updates within the required time frame and attend and audits at the required time to remain competent
Any other reasonable duties as directed by the management of the business
· Educated to National Standards.
· Good verbal, written and communication skills.
· IT literate and basic skill in Word, Excel & Outlook
· A-A driving license and access to a car for business use with business insurance is required
· A self-motivated individual with a flexible approach to work
· Ability to follow set processes to ensure the right outcome
· Pioneering – continual self-reviewing your collections to ensure you meet and exceed customer expectations and feeding back improvements to your Regional Team Leader for consideration.
· Achieving – Communicating effectively ensuring customers are aware of the right information and are updated on changes is they occur in relation to their collection.
· Caring – Understand the impact of the actions taken or omissions made within our role and how they affect others both internally and externally. Using this information to ensure only positive outcomes.
· Enduring – Ensuring changes to any process through updates or feedback are implemented immediately ensuring the long-term success of the Collection Network.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
An equal opportunityemployer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com