Abbott Operations Coordinator Clara Abbott Foundation in Gurnee, Illinois
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The Clara Abbott Foundation (CAF) is organized as a 501(c)(3) corporation with a separate Board of Directors and Officers to provide financial assistance in times of hardship and college/vocational scholarships to Abbott employees, retirees, their spouses and dependent children. Manage events sponsored by The Clara Abbott Foundation to include coordinating the distribution of marketing and communication materials and contacting site personnel to distribute items.
The Primary function of the Operations Coordinator is to provide ongoing support to the Clara Abbott Financial Assistance Program (FAP) and to the Clara Abbott Scholarship Program (CASP). The Operations Coordinator shall promote the vision and mission of The Foundation and maintain a professional business practice. The Operations Coordinator is responsible for adhering to policies and procedures set forth by The Foundation, and for abiding by business practices set forth by Abbott Business Code of Conduct, Corporate and relevant site policies.
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
· Client Interface
· Respond to client telephone questions and website inquiries.
· Request financial documentation as required for initial consultation.
· Schedule appointments for Domestic clients and Retirees when needed.
· Provide an overview of The Foundation and communicate The Foundation’s expectations of the client.
· Review applications for completeness.
· Verify client employment and personal information to ensure eligibility and accurately incorporate in the application
· Follow-up with client, Financial Consultant or HR Representative to obtain missing or incomplete information.
· Create Financial Spreadsheets for international cases when Financial Consultant not on site.
· Develop and run regular and ad-hoc reports per management requests.
· Responsible to enter invoice expenses in the system and monitor completion.
· Ensure that all required case related documentation has been attached to client case files including decision documents and any other required documentation.
· Ensure all fields have been accurately entered and processed throughout the application
· Notify Consultants and Regional Manager of any case discrepancies (comments, questions or issues).
· Monitor caseload and create/distribute receipt compliance notification letters as needed.
· Process all cases in a timely manner.
· Review bills submitted for accuracy and ensure that bills submitted for payment were approved to be paid per the Foundation requirements.
· Promptly resolve or assist in the resolution of payment discrepancies.
· Participate in meetings to review the processes in each regional area and promote consistency and uniformity.
· Provide back-up coverage of application entry, decision documents and EA or urgent payments during peer Case Coordinator absence.
· Identify needs for cross training and create cross training schedule.
· Assist in processing a total of approximately 2,500 cases per year.
· Assist in the management of a total annual distribution per year.
· Manage special projects assigned by Management(e.g., Monthly Metric Reports).
· Assist with training, meetings and other activities.
· Prioritize the requests from Consultants, Regional Managers and clients, and recognize when to refer/defer issues to Management.
· Make suggestions on process efficiency related to work flow.
· Review data integrity and provide recommendations on improvements.
· Responsible for managing the decision documentation and maintaining the confidentiality and content included in the client files.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org