Abbott HR Director BHR ANI in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Role: Business HR staff manage the delivery of HR services across a major segment of the business. Business HR staff act as the face of the business to HR and the face of HR to the business. A key aspect of the role requires the Business HR staff to act as a liaison between the business and corporate HR. Business HR staff lend HR expertise to business strategy and consulting on a variety of HR functional issues.
• Breadth of Impact: Breadth of impact is focused on the specific business they serve. Decision-making can have impact across the HR functions within that business.
• Depth of Impact: Depth of impact is focused on HR issues within the business.
• Reporting directly to: Regional HR Director, Vietnam
• High frequency of interaction: Top management, Region, Cross Function, Team and external Partners
• Working location: Melinh Point, 2 Ngo Duc Ke, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, HCM city.
Core job responsibilities:
• Determine the requirements of the business by performing needs assessments to diagnose human capital issue
• Act as a broker between the needs of the business and corporate HR by developing solutions that support the long-range objectives of both
• Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with key HR partners to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs
• Proactively identify and address changes in the business landscape that impact human capital issues
• Help the business make the right decision by balancing business strategy and people strategy
• Build the organizational talent pipeline by planning and contributing to key developmental experiences (e.g., leadership, cross-functional, technical, and global perspective)
• Partner to translate Corporate/Affiliate HR strategic initiative into actionable and drive the implementation for the business.
• Ensure HR processes implemented in a full compliance with the legal and regulatory (internal & external) framework. Examples of HR processes include but not limit to HC plans and hiring, performance management, all employment life cycles; disciplines, etc.
• Support business to identify and monitor the organization culture so that it supports the attainment of the company goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
• Balancing the need for standardization in HR processes with the needs of an individual business or situation
• Changing business landscape and priorities
• Highly competitive marketplace
• Navigating a highly matrixed organization
• Balancing unique requests from the business with limited HR functional expertise and resources
• Managing expectations of key stakeholders
• Being able to adapt with the fast growth and changes of business requirements
MINIMUM BACKGROUND/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
. Business Experience
• Project management
• Strategy development
• Experience working in a multinational company
• 8+ years of experience in multiorganizational HR support role
Business Experience recommended in detail:
• Conduct job evaluations/classifications
• Consult through a major organizational (re)design
• Participate in succession planning activities
• Form specific action plans based on analyzed data
• Work in a major workforce change (e.g., reduction in force, merger/acquisition, sales force realignment)
Feedback / Relationships (20%)
• Obtain feedback on consulting skills
• Gain a perspective on business from outside of HR
• Evaluation against required competencies
Training / Education (10%)
• Continuing education in HR
• Grounding in change management philosophy
• Training in organizational design
• Flawless consulting, performance feedback
• Demonstrated understanding of organizational development principles
• Working knowledge of all HR functional areas
Develop, design, and deliver strategies that align with and support business functions and are compliant with governing laws and regulations. Translate business strategies into people implications and resulting HR strategies and tactics.
- Build and maintain collaboration and teamwork across functional areas and other BHR colleagues. Instill confidence, earn trust, and credibility with business leaders by establishing a track record of success.
- Utilize analytical approaches to design HR processes, programs, and services that meet future business needs. Challenge and influence business leader’s thinking, providing alternative insights of business issues.
- Coordinate and project manage delivery of focused, timely, and effective solutions to the business unit.
Core Skill Requirement:
Language Skills：English proficient
Computer Skills: Able to utilize computer programs such as notes, excel and PowerPoint to compile, build, analyses and consolidate data.
Core Trait/Behavior Requirement:
Excellent interpersonal skills
Good at strategic planning
Capable of timely and fast, accurate deliverable
Strong at adaptability
Good at change management
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree or Above
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org