Abbott Associate Technical Support Scientist for IA Technical Projects Team in Longford, Ireland
Job Title: Associate Scientist Technical Support
Primary Function :
Complete internal projects, investigations, and technical support activities with minimal oversight.
• Project Management: Complete internal projects, investigations and technical support activities with minimal oversight.
• Product and Process Improvements: Investigates standard complaints. Identifies and prioritizes medical and reportable complaints. Supports ticket trending process and maintains Quality Records. Maintains awareness of industry regulatory standards.
• Design control and risk management: Under direction, develops and maintains risk management files.
• Complaint and internal investigations: Undertake multiple technical tasks of a similar nature to complete investigations. Provide audit inputs and support as required.
• Technical Support: Use standard work practices (defined procedures, protocols, Ops) to perform testing and data analysis in support of root cause identification and problem resolution.
• Sharing Knowledge: Prepares reports and may deliver presentations to internal ADD groups. Shares knowledge and expertise with others in work group.
• Strategic and Results Orientation: Demonstrates fiscal responsibility through support of product availability and improvements.
Accountability / Scope / Problem Solving:
• Receives specific direction as to individual work details. Uses technical knowledge to acquire, analyze, and interpret data. Applies information and methods for problem solving. Arrives at timely conclusions and proposes next steps. Capable of resolving recurrent problems. Thinking is guided by standard practice/precedent.
Education and Year’s Experience:
• Requirements: Higher Certificate, Ordinary or Honors Bachelor’s Degree in scientific and technical field is desired or relevant combination of education and experience.
• 0-2 years’ related work experience
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com