Abbott Senior Technical Support Scientist in Longford, Ireland
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 3,000 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial and support operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD) Longford
Abbott established the first diagnostics manufacturing facility in Sligo in 1994 to manufacture blood-screening products and reagents. In 2004, Abbott Diagnostics operations in Ireland expanded with the opening of a second facility in Longford. The plant was first occupied in December 2004. Manufacturing commenced in March of the following year and the first product (Architect TSH) was launched in December of 2005. The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
We currently have a vacancy for a Snr Technical Support Scientist and this role will involve the following:
Primary Function :
Independently manage complex, long-duration projects, product improvements and investigations. Proactively identify opportunities for significant operational, process, or product improvements. Proactively identify opportunities for significant operational, process, or product improvements.
• Maintain ETMS TO DO LIST.
• Conduct business in a manner that will protect human health, safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws, as well at the Abbott Global and Technical standards.
• Project Management: Independently design, manage, and conduct complex long duration projects, product improvements, and investigations (or supports Third Party Manufacturing projects).
• Product and Process Improvements: Independently manage complex long duration projects, product improvements, and investigations. Recognizes opportunities and proposes novel ideas for significant operational, process or product improvements. Proactively identify opportunities for significant operational, process or product improvements. Perform or support test and process method modifications , critical process parameters and analytical performance characteristics. Identify technical alternatives and make risk-based decisions within the area. Use technical data that interacts with multiple areas and processes. Provides diverse, independent technical data and insight to support risk management evaluation and assessment.
• Design control and risk management: Effectively balances compliance risk and business risk to create and review risk management files.
• Complaint and internal investigations: Independently manages complex investigations to resolution. Demonstrates advanced statistical techniques and or project management tools. Provides audit inputs and support as required
• Technical Support: Assist in resolution of multiple complex technical and quality issues across ADD Sites and or functions (instrument; reagents; software and commodities). Anticipate, recognize and resolve technical issues.
• Sharing Knowledge: Presents complex technical information to internal and external groups. Shares scientific information and expertise with customers and regulatory agencies. Experience mentoring and teaching others to facilitate timely resolution of product and process technical issues.
• Strategic and Results Orientation: Demonstrates fiscal responsibility through actionable recommendations and accomplishments. Translates top-level goals to specific goals and aligns activities with respective strategic business priorities.
• Applies specialized knowledge of product or process design, standardization, performance anchors and modes of control to create and review risk management files. Maintains detailed knowledge and understanding of product or process design.
Accountability / Scope / Problem Solving:
• Receives infrequent direction; and provides work directions for other technical personnel.Identifies, understands and resolves technical problems and operational issues. Anticipates and avoids reoccurrences. Utilizes appropriate experimental, statistical and project management tools.
Supervisory / Management Responsibility
• Works independently or Individual Contributor.
Education and Year’s Experience:
• Requirements: Relevant third level qualification in scientific and/or technical field is desired or relevant combination of education and experience.
• 4 years’ related work experience and advanced degree is desirable.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com