Abbott R&D Technician Level V in Menlo Park, California
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
• Perform experiments and tests on a variety of projects as assigned by engineering.
• Participate as required within R&D on various engineering efforts for new product development.
• Execute design and fabrication of prototypes, products, test fixtures and tools for R&D.
• Follow safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety devices when performing all tasks that require such precautions.
• Create and maintain accurate records and perform basic data analysis.
• Be able to clearly communicate ideas, problems, and solutions to engineers.
• Support all company initiatives as identified by management and in support of system and regulatory requirements.
• Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
• Associates degree or equivalent technical training; consideration will be given to
individuals with equivalent work-related experience.
• 5+ yrs experience with design, assembly, development, and/or testing of medical devices.
• Experience with a variety of manufacturing processes and lab equipment preferred.
• Requires solid computer skills using Microsoft Office, Proficient using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Experience with tissue testing, fatigue testing, Solidworks, basic machine shop skills, and/or 3D printing is a plus
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to handle and maneuver small components and parts.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org