Abbott Regional Sales Manager– Abbott Medical (Toronto) in Ontario, Ontario
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Status: Regular, Full Time
The Regional Sales Manager will have the primary management responsibility directly or through subordinates for directing the Atrial Fibrillation Cardiac Rhythm Management (AFCRM) sales of Abbott Cardiac Arrhythmia Heart Failure (CAHF) products and/or services in a specified region or other major geographical area. Exercises direct supervision over Company sales representatives, and Procedural Specialists in the assigned region. Recommends, interprets and implements corporate, national or organizationally specific policies and procedures to accomplish assignments and resolves a broad range of issues and problems; ensures employee compliance with such policies, practices and procedures. Sets goals, ensures that they are met and is responsible for continuous process improvement. Assures that quality of services meets internal and external customer requirements. Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status. Uses best business practices to ensure success in areas of responsibility. May be responsible for processes across Regional or organizational lines.
• Responsible for hiring and retaining a diverse, highly qualified staff and for providing career coaching, growth and personal development. Responsible for the development of staff: critiques, instructs, mentors, evaluates and coaches. Accountable for the performance of subordinates. Maintains a safe working environment and a strong customer focus.
• Delivers on customer needs by providing greater value outside of the product itself and creating sales opportunities where they’re not easily apparent.
• Prepares regional AFCRM sales forecasts and participates in the determination of market potential and in the preparation sales expense estimates for the region.
• Plans and manages the AFCRM sales effort for assigned region.
• Maintains contact with major accounts within assigned region, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
• Participates in the development of marketing plans, recommending product and product line revisions as well as pricing changes.
• Assists sales support/marketing staff members in activities such as sales promotion, training, and market research in planning and executing special projects.
• Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory/government requirements, a comprehensive knowledge of the company's products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends.
• Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
• Performs related functions and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent English communication skills
• Requires highly developed leadership skills/experience sufficient to assume the responsibilities of this people leadership position.
• Must be skilled at delegation, follow-up, and team building. Has direct knowledge about physicians in the AFCRM medical market.
• Seasoned judgment acquired through organizational experience and achievements applying state-of-the-art sales principles.
• Documented record of delivering sales information which adds value to management's decision making process.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Must be able to perform intermediate level arithmetic calculations, including ratios, rates and percentages; draw and interpret graphs; apply the principles of rational systems to solve practical problems; effectively deal with a variety of tangible variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, diagrammatic or schedule form.
• Must have a comprehensive working knowledge of frequently used personal computer programs and applications, such as, e-mail, Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, OUTLOOK), etc.
Required Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Science, Marketing or equivalent.
• An advanced credential in a relevant discipline or concentration. Professional certification or designation. A comprehensive understanding of AFCRM technology is considered a strong asset.
• Minimum of eight (8) years of sales experience in Electrophysiology, Tachycardia/Bradycardia product areas or a related discipline, including direct experience in AFCRM product sales.
• Experience leading a sales team is also required.
Abbott Canada is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship, family or marital status, political beliefs, sexual preference or other factors included in human rights legislation.
Our diversity goals for recruitment, hiring, and retention are embedded in our corporate goals, and our diversity initiatives are supported by the highest level of the organization.
We strongly believe that a diverse workforce fosters more creative and innovative thinking throughout the organization. Creating an inclusive environment, where everyone is respected and valued, enables us to leverage our diversity as a business driver and strengthens our position as a global leader.
Abbott strives to promote and maintain an inclusive, high-performing culture that allows all employees to reach their full potential and contribute to Abbott’s success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org