Abbott Enterprise Account Manager (Southeast US) in Orlando, Florida
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
This position sells the entire Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD), Abbott Point of Care (APOC) and Abbott Molecular Division (AMD) product line to large, complex strategic named accounts and/or strategic named prospect accounts. This role is the guardian of the strategic customer relationship and is focused on retention; penetration and net new customer selling.
Commercial leader highly skilled in building long-term partnerships between Abbott and current & potential new customers. Scales from senior Laboratory leadership into the C-suite aligning the value Abbott can create through the Laboratory to the customer’s strategic objectives and key performance indicators. Envisions solutions possibilities across Abbott Diagnostics’ portfolio that drive Abbott and customer growth as well as customer’s healthcare performance improvement.
Primary responsibilities include:
This position sells the entire Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD), Abbott Point of Care (APOC) and Abbot Molecular Division (AMD) product line to large; complex strategic named accounts and/or strategic named prospect accounts. This role is the guardian of the strategic customer relationship and is focused on retention; penetration and net new customer selling.
1) Establishing and building senior level relationships and leveraging them in
driving new profitable sales and protecting base business.
2) Understanding and assessing customers’ business objectives; strategies and
3) Identifying innovative solutions to meet account needs.
4) Leading an internal ‘selling team’ (territory sales representative; specialists;
others) to maximize growth.
5) Overall account management including detailed account planning and sales
Position Impact to Business
The Enterprise Account Manager deepens and broadens Abbott’s relationship to non-laboratory stakeholders. Partners with customers’ key decision makers to develop solutions that enhance their competitiveness and performance. Accountable for driving market share growth through new business opportunity realization and contract renewals. The role is instrumental in expanding brand reputation and delivery of sales and profitability objectives.
Indicate the reporting relationships, products, budgets, throughput, level and purpose of contacts (internal and external), or other scope measures that are key to this position. This position reports to the Enterprise Solutions Director and will help build the Enterprise Organization designed to address special requirements of large; complex accounts; achieve a competitive advantage and create future growth. The role will better leverage the full portfolio of Abbott Diagnostics (ADD), Abbott Point of Care (APOC) and Abbot Molecular (AMD) products and services to create unique customer value to Abbott Diagnostics (ADD), Abbott Point of Care (APOC) and Abbot Molecular (AMD) largest; highest revenue/profit potential and most important customer accounts. The incumbent has direct sales responsibility selling to the ‘C Suite’ or senior executives establishing long term relationships that must be leveraged to drive new and protect existing business.
Key Success Factors
· Broad healthcare knowledge, to include factors influencing hospital/health system (i.e. government regulations; mergers/acquisitions;key opinion leaders and associations; patients’ advocacy groups).
· Interpersonal skill and savvy to effectively work with C- suite level and coordinate internal resources to effectively create personalized solutions that meet decision maker’s expectations.
· Highly skilled negotiator capable of running possible scenarios that address key elements for closing desired deals.
· Results oriented; anticipate where sales shortfalls might. be and implements contingency plans to close the gap.
· Bachelor degree in business, life sciences, engineering or related technical discipline.
· 3 years of experience developing and selling customized solutions to senior level/c-suite executives in healthcare institutions.
· 2 years of experience leading cross-commercial initiatives
· Demonstrated effectiveness using Microsoft Office and Internet based applications.
· 5 years of experience understanding performance metrics in Hospital or Laboratory settings and recommending solutions accordingly.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
Proven sales experience at executive level selling broad and complex product line for a minimum of 2-5 years required. The candidate should have proven ability to build long term strategic and senior level relationships and demonstrated capability to uncover a large complex organization’s strategic long term plan and short term tactics and translate into a winning solution. Proven success as an expert in all aspects of value-based, solution selling and ability to work in cross-functional teams to meet clearly defined objectives that benefit the company and customer. Proven sales management experience is a plus. Additionally, ability to effectively communicate, speak in public, and adapt to rapidly changing environments is a must. The candidate must have executive level business and financial acumen, strong team leadership skills and knowledge of all products and services. They should be an expert in ‘getting things done’ within the company and possess strong negotiation skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills. Additionally, must have strong internal and external networking skills with robust inter-personal skills that will develop and enhance long term relationships. Understanding of diagnostics industry would be a plus but is not mandatory.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org