Abbott Sr. Technician, Line Maintenance in Plymouth, Minnesota
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Technician, Sr. Equipment Maintenance to repair, replacement, tracking and maintaining inventory of all Equipment
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
• Perform preventative, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, safety checks, repairs, installations, and modifications on production equipment.
• Record all maintenance repair activity on production equipment and fixtures at the Plymouth/ Rogers facility using CMMS.
• Knowledge of and skill in repairing industrial machines
• Knowledge of and experience in troubleshooting and repairing all production equipment
• Knowledge of and experience in using small tools, micrometers, calipers, gauge pins, multimeters, etc
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written procedures
• Ability to read and understand drawings and electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics
• Knowledge of maintenance and equipment terminology, descriptions and functions
• Knowledge of personal computer operations and skill in using software packages including Microsoft Office, MP2 and/or 7i CMMS
• Ability to perform preventive maintenance on all controlled equipment
• Ability to recognize repair items that require outside service and arrange for repair
• Ability to respond to and answer/solve technical questions and problems
• Tear down, inspect and rebuild production equipment
• Ability to train technicians in new and revised maintenance procedures
• Ability to diagnose PLC problems and take the appropriate corrective action to repair
• Ability to prioritize, organize and complete responsibilities and tasks to meet internal and external customer expectations
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Ability to interact in a positive and effective manner with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Ability to coordinate efforts and direct other individuals to set up and maintain equipment
• Conduct daily tooling and equipment set ups as required
• Complete changes or modifications to production equipment
• Install custom accessories needed to ready equipment for production
• Requisition needed items for inventory, spare parts and emergency repairs
• Perform visual inspections of equipment and fixtures
• Support 5S
• Must be able to work in a Controlled Environment
• Must be able to work overtime as needed
• Ability to multitask
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Two year technical vocational training and/or military experience.
• Minimum 4 years' experience.
• Knowledge of and skill in repairing industrial machines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com