Abbott Translator in Riga, Latvia
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
We are currently searching for 3 individuals to join our Translating team, located in Riga, Latvia
As a translator (from English to Latvian, Lithuanian or Estonian language) you will be requested to perform translations for labeling or documentation for the healthcare area. Your primary function will be translation of English labeling and labeling production management.
Key Job Responsibilities:
▪ Translating, proofreading & editing of labeling material in native language
(Latvian or Lithuanian or Estonian)
▪ Understanding of the content and elements of Abbott labeling
▪ Delivering high quality of medical & technical translations for end customer use
▪ Meeting requirements for qualified translations for native language by good
understanding of medical content
▪ Excellent understanding of required labeling processes & procedures including qualified
release of final files for print
▪ Working with department specific software programs
▪ Coordinating & communicating with colleagues and team members across countries
▪ University Degree in Translation (English Latvian or Lithuanian or Estonian)
▪ Latvian or Lithuanian or Estonian native speaker
▪ Working Experience in Translation profession will be considered as an asset
▪ Proficiency in English
▪ PC literacy, experienced with MS Office tools
▪ Experience in use of translation tools & publishing software is desired
▪ Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
▪ Team oriented
▪ Intercultural awareness
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org