Abbott Field Service Application Specialist in Rungis, France
Pri mary Object ive of the position:
On a regional area level provide technical field support to Abbott
Molecular customers in EMEA. Introduce AM assays, applications and
systems in customer laboratories. Plan and conduct customer training at
customer site or in Abbott training facilities. Provide first level problem solving
support at customer site. Support local Sales and Marketing organizations by
providing demonstrations of AM systems and applications in customer
laboratory and during congresses or user group meetings.
Pre-Sales responsibilities :
• Provide technical product demonstrations to customers for instrument, assay and
• Assist local Sales and Marketing representatives by providing technical details
and input prior, during or after Sales calls.
• Support User Group Meetings, congresses and exhibitions by providing product
demos, presentations and additional activities as required.
Post- Sales responsibilities :
• Provide customer training at the customers laboratory or at Abbott training
o Acquire necessary training and presentation skills to build and deliver efficient
and effective training to AM customers.
o Translate complex matters into easily understandable and motivating training
o Plan and deliver customer training according to common AM training standards
• Take ownership for reported customer inquiries and complaints and make sure
that all requests and issues are answered and resolved in a timely manner and
maximum customer satisfaction is achieved.
o Investigate error conditions, diagnose probable root causes and provide
Page 1 Printed on: 14.06.2017 at 16:36:43
troubleshooting solutions over the phone or at customer sites.
o Manage escalated issues and coordinate all required activities to resolve
customer complaints and meet customer expectations and timeline.
o Provide complete information and data, related to customer complaints, and
ensure proper documentation in Abbott Call Management Systems.
o Provide missing data independently and upon request by ESS MAS in a timely
o Escalate system or assay immanent failures to the next level of support and
provide all relevant data describing failure conditions and requests for
enhancements to facilitate fast problem solution and continuous improvement of
AM products and services.
• Prepare technical product launches on a regional or country level, introduce and
track performance of new assays and systems in customer laboratories and
provide feedback to technical departments in Wiesbaden, Des Plaines or third
party manufacturers if requested.
• Form the link between customers in EMEA and technical organizations in AM to
facilitate an effective flow of information.
• Ensure full compliance to AM Quality and Regulatory Procedures.
o Timely completion of existing training plans in ETMS, Pilgrim SmartT rain or
o Meet the timeline and goals for complaint registration and investigation as well as
complaint closure as defined by QA and Service/Support Management.
• Share information, knowledge and experience with all members of the AM
Support community contribute to building and maintaining high level of expertise
in entire AM EMEA community.
o Participate to technical conference calls and Support Meetings and provide input
Scientific degree or High School Diploma in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or
related subject. Alternatively equivalent experience in a laboratory environment with
focus on molecular diagnostic systems and assays. Preferably experience as
Product Specialist, Support Specialist or a related function in Molecular Diagnostic
• Excellent knowledge of common molecular biological techniques, required for the
support of highly demanding product portfolio of AM, e.g. Nucleic Acid Extraction,
PCR, Sequencing, FISH
• Highly developed analytical skills for effective solving of complex and demanding
• Excellent communication skills to build and maintain relationship to internal and
external customers and to facilitate effective problem solving over the phone or
at customer site.
• Capability to identify and focus on customer needs to create and maintain
highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Strong training skills for effective training of external customers on use and
application of AM products.
• Excellent presentation skills to support commercial organizations with demos of
AM products and as a key element of training.
• Fluency in English language is a requirement, including the ability to write
reports, technical documents and analytical problem descriptions.
• Organizational skills enabling fast move between different job environments and
for properly balancing pre- and post-Sales Support responsibilities.
• Excellent knowledge of PC technology and common Software, MS Office.
• Strong team skills for effective cooperation with local Sales team members as
well as other Field Application Specialists in EMEA and technical departments in
Delkenheim and Des Plaines.
• Adaptability/Flexibility required to work in different environments, i.e. pre-Sales
activities (product demonstrations at customer site or during congresses and
customer meetings) and post Sales-activities (on-site troubleshooting, training of
external customers at customer sites or in Abbott training facilities).
• Stress Management to cope with high workload and frequent travel activities.
• Creative thinking and taking initiatives for permanent improvement of processes.
• Conflict management to handle difficult situations based on customer complaints
or internal disense.
• Integrity and confidentiality.
Impact of the position
• Pre-Sales responsibilities: Supporting the local Sales organization by providing
instrument and assay/application demonstrations have a direct impact on the
commercial success of the respective local AM country or area organization.
• Post Sales responsibilities: The continuous direct customer contact and the
responsibility for solving application or assay related customer complaints
strongly influences the Abbott Molecular image by the level of customer
satisfaction. Acting as the communication link between customers in EMEA and
technical departments in the Area Headquarter Delkenheim, Headquarter Des
Plaines respectively, facilitates an effective and fast flow of critical information.
This guarantees efficient problem solving and continuous improvements of AM
products and services. Providing application training for external customers and
technical education of other members of the respective country or area team sets
the standards of AM knowledge transfer. Building the expertise inside and
outside the company will help customers to smoothly introduce and reliably
perform AM applications in their routine.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com