Veterans at Abbott
Abbott Global Marketing Product Manager, Endovascular in Santa Clara, California
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Upstream Global Marketing Product Manager (PM) has the responsibility of integrating and elaborating future development projects in defined therapeutic areas and products within the endovascular business. Through assessment of market opportunities, key customer needs and clinical/regulatory alignment, projects should be integrated in alignment to long term strategies defined within the global endovascular strategic plan,
• Developing analysis around the competitive environment and clearly defines AV Product or future projects and competition in term of positioning, key issues, strategies, and target audiences
• Partnering with affiliate and regional marketing colleagues to understand customer needs and requirements, in specific product line
• Developing an integrated business plan setting the grounds for future business opportunities within defined therapeutic area
• Working with clinical, regulatory, R&D and other functions to develop pipeline strategy for product lines
• Presenting product development business plans to internal management in alignment with R&D counterparts
• Building strong relationships with downstream and affiliate teams to ensure successful launch of new products and collaborating in the development of new sales tools
• Working with market research to collect all market intelligence and to conduct market research in product line
• Building strong relationships with leading KOL’s
• Maintaining positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
• Performing other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
Accountability/Scope/Budget from Legacy System
Position is responsible to manage single project or participates on portions of multiple projects; understands concepts and applies these concepts practically with reasonable effectiveness; may function independently according to the task but is still given significant direction.
Bachelor’s Degree with at least 4 years’ experience, with at least two years’ experience in marketing or product management, or an MBA with 3 years of related experience. Previous experience in IVD, Medical Devices or a related health care industry is preferred. Candidate / incumbent should possess the following: - understanding of the technology and capabilities of the Division's products; - understanding of market and customer dynamics; - understanding of sales processes; - knowledge of regulations and standards affecting medical devices/diagnostics; - ability to work independently and in groups; ability to work cross-functionally; - ability to apply analytical thinking, problem-solving skills and critical-thinking skills; - ability to clearly, concisely and accurately convey communications, whether verbal, written or in presentations; - ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and other computer software; - ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org