Veterans at Abbott
Abbott Security Systems Specialist in Santa Clara, California
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
This position reports to the divisional Security Manager and is responsible for managing security technology systems and fire/life safety systems. The employee is a security systems subject matter expert who collaborates and collaborates with GES project engineers, IT professionals, managers, directors, country managers and third party security system integrators operation, maintenance, processes associated access control, alarm, video, investigations and other security systems. The employee also collaborates with other members of the site and division Environmental Health and Safety professionals to provide support for fire, life, and safety systems.
• Maintain and in-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art security systems and fire/safety systems.
• Administers contracts and services for third-party vendors for security, fire, life, and safety systems.
• Coordinates maintenance of systems and provides verification of compliance to applicable government codes.
• Perform Abbott site security reviews and Coordinate with Global Information Services and external security integrators to implement, maintain and upgrade software for global security systems.
• This position has no direct reports, but the position requires matrix management of Abbott IT, Engineering, Security and Facility professionals along with third party security integrators in order to design and implement security system projects.
• This position reports to the Security Manager and is responsible for preparing input for budgets and capital plans. The position requires strong teamwork, communication and project management skills.
Bachelors Degree and 2-5+ years experience or equivalent of education and relevant work experience.
Minimum 2+ years Security system hardware devices, low voltage electrical connections, intellectual property and network enterprise applications, closed circuit television technologies and security software programs.
International work experience is very desirable.
Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
TRAVEL UP TO 15% - SOME INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL POSSIBLE
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com