Abbott Senior Demand Planner Analyst in Santa Clara, California
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Consider this unique opportunity to join the Vascular Division Supply Chain Team as part of Global Demand Planning in this newly created position. You will have an opportunity to work on all Vascular products including those from legacy St. Jude Medical. The geography scope is global reporting that includes all four commercial regions (US, EMEA, APAC, CALA).
The role will combine data analysis, consolidation, and reporting as part of the Vascular Integrated Business Management (IBM) / Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process. You will also have an opportunity to work on process improvement projects to help the team achieve best in class performance.
The Sr. Demand Planning Analyst works without appreciable supervision, develops and issues the finished goods forecast per value stream assigned which translates into manufacturing plans by partnering with some or all of the following: marketing, supply chain management, supply planning, purchasing, finance, program management, regulatory, research and development and clinical.
• Prepares data and graphs and leads monthly pre-S&OP meetings with cross-functional stakeholders (marketing, production, engineering, regulatory, clinical, R&D) within applicable value streams; drives action items as result of meeting.
• Prepares S&OP template for S&OP management review and is prepared to justify actions.
• Develops new product launch plans (including phase ins and phase outs) with input and collaboration from selling divisions, production, marketing, R&D and regulatory
• Reviews data from various sources to create a finished goods forecast which translates into manufacturing build plans while giving consideration to the following: backorder mitigation, minimization of time finished goods sits in inventory, minimizing finished goods/raw material/subassembly scrap, finished goods safety stock, new product introductions and product phase outs.
• Leads cross functional meetings to ensure key stakeholders provide feedback and updates which could influence finished goods demands.
• Leads continuous improvement project teams, proactively and without prompting, pulling in stakeholders from across the entity.
• Performs as a systems super-user to investigate and recommend system efficiency improvements.
• Provides system training and guidance to junior members of the team.
• Analyzes the following on a consistent basis to review accuracy, identify trends and capture issues, developing plans of actions based on findings:
o actual shipments versus the net required forecast plans
o finished goods actual results versus the forecast
o actual sales versus the forecast
• Loads and maintains the demand forecast into the appropriate system.
• Prepares various reports as needed which are moderately to highly complex.
• Facilitates communication with key stakeholders regarding finished goods supply issues. Partners with stake holders to resolve outstanding issues.
Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
• Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
• 5 years’ minimum experience in forecasting/demand planning.
• 3 years of experience working in forecasting/demand planning/ERP/MRP systems and/or software
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Preferred qualifications and education:
• Experience in medical device industry
• Experience with Hyperion/Essbase, COGNOS, Business Objects, SAP APO DP, Excel, Access
There is no relocation offered with this role
Visa sponsorship: no
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org