Veterans at Abbott
Abbott Material Handler (day shift) in Scarborough, Maine
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Material Handler is within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located at Scarborough, Maine. In this role you will perform shipping and receiving duties for all department; responsible for helping always maintain inventories through spot checks and cycle counts.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
· Provides materials to production work centers while ensuring adequate controls of inventory.
· Demonstrates solid understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
· Packs and ships customer orders.
· Receives and delivers inbound packages.
· Maintains inventory control of all stock locations.
· Fills material requisitions and delivers to appropriate department.
· Maintains cycle count program.
· Maintains accurate documentation for disposal of material.
· Responsible for cleanliness of warehouse and shipping areas.
· Adheres to all company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
An equalopportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in ourworkforce. We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
BASICQUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
· High School Diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Valid Driver’s License.
· Warehouse and shipping/receiving experience.
· Ability to operate pallet jacks and forklifts a plus.
· Knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org