Veterans at Abbott
Abbott Quality Technical Supervisor in St. Paul, Minnesota
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
Supervises the activities, manpower and resources within the Inspection area to ensure support is provided to meet the department and company goals. Responds to complaints on parts, and work orders, plans and implements projects and procures needed equipment, supplies and spare parts. Implements policies and procedures to maintain production compliance.
• Implements a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the selection process with Human Resources.
• Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
• Monitors daily work operations and provides direction to predominantly nonexempt and entry level staff to achieve unit or departmental goals.
• Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures.
• Interprets and executes policies that affect individuals within the assigned organizational unit or department.
• Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, BSI, EEO regulations etc).
• Develops work schedules for department by assessing priorities, workload and available resources.
• Maintains personnel records (e.g., work schedules, vacation schedules, leaves) and makes or directs modifications in the database to reflect actual changes.
• May perform individual contributor tasks, especially in staff or professional units.
• Promotes department goals by selecting, motivating, and training capable staff.
• Leads the activities of assigned staff by communicating and providing guidance towards achieving department objectives.
• Schedules human and material resources within a department or section in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure their availability; carries out operations within an established budget.
• Assignments are expressed in the form of tasks; generally makes day-to-day decisions within established policies, procedures and guidelines in order to carry out the operations and processes selected at higher levels; consequences of erroneous decisions or recommendations might include delays in program schedules and result in the allocation of more resources.
Bachelors Degree (± 16 years) and or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Masters Degree (± 18 years) Preferred
Minimum 4 years of experience:
Monitors progress of nonexempt employees toward departmental goals; monitors costs of projects and human and material resources within a department or unit.
Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilization of human and material resources within the assigned area or related departments; facilitates others' participation in the continuous improvement program; investigates and solves basic problems that impact work processes and personnel within a unit or department.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com