Abbott Senior SCCM Engineer in St. Paul, Minnesota
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott is looking for a Senior Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Architect/Engineer.
Essential Job Functions
Serve as System Center Configuration Manager Administrator/Engineer, responsible for performing all aspects of SCCM planning, setup, deployment and maintenance. Provides the technical architecture guidance and leadership for an area of expertise. Designs and develops highly complex, integrated solutions through tools, processes and procedures to facilitate the cost effective delivery of services or fielding of successful products. Performs testing and integration of computer systems, subsystems and components.
This role also has responsibility for supporting the other System Center components including Configuration Manager, Service Manager and Orchestrator, as necessary.
• Extensive experience in the implementation, administration and configuration of SCCM Enterprise environment.
• Experience with desktop deployment automation architecture, design/migration and troubleshooting.
• Experience managing an OS image for large corporate environments.
• Knowledgeable in desktop virtualization and thin client technologies.
• Contribute to development and ongoing improvement of industry best practices and standards for deploying enterprise desktop technologies.
• Knowledge of the Windows registry, interaction of drivers within the OS, and unattended/silent installs of Windows operating systems.
• Deployment, installation and administration of Microsoft Office products.
• Evaluate emerging technologies to ensure technical solutions are compatible with the company's business needs and strategic objectives.
• Provide technical expertise, guidance and strategic recommendations to other IT groups.
• Functional working and debugging knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
• Investigate, analyze and resolve technical issues and actively pursue mechanisms for preventing, or automating the response to re-occurrences.
• Relies on a working knowledge of standard (Windows) client platform administration, configuration, rights management and file access in order to perform the duties and responsibilities of the job. Utilizes gained knowledge and experience in the following areas:
• MS security patching WSUS (Department of Defense specific requirements preferred).
• Active Directory, GPOs
• MBAM Knowledge
• Scripting – particularly Power Shell
8+ years IT work experience in a global information technology infrastructure environment with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) focus/expertise.
• B.S. degree in a computer science, information technology, computer related discipline
• Experience in application/network performance and availability monitoring
• Experience using the Microsoft Windows PowerShell scripting
• Experience with System Center Operations Manager 2012 (SCOM) and above
• Experience with System Center Orchestrator
• Experience major Microsoft technologies including PC and server operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, Office, and Forefront Identity Management (FIM).
• Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft technologies
• Knowledge of multiple processor systems, RAID hardware, SCSI attached, and storage area network solutions.
• Knowledge of data backup, replication, and encryption technologies
• Knowledge of LAN/WAN network infrastructure technologies, preferably experience with Solarwinds
• Knowledge of HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, SSH, TELNET, SNMP, FTP
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org