Veterans at Abbott
Abbott QC Inspector I in Temecula, California
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Performs inspection and testing of purchased materials, components and products in accordance with policy and procedures.
• Performs visual, dimensional and functional inspection and testing according to documented policies and procedures.
• Records inspection and test data as prescribed by written instructions and procedures.
• Recommends changes to policies and procedures.
• Documents non-conformances in Non-Conforming Material Review system.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
• Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
May, on occasion, work with a variety of production equipment, small hand tools, test equipment, and precision measuring instruments. Also uses standard office equipment such as telephone, fax/copier, and a personal computer with standard office software.
Works in an air-conditioned clean-room manufacturing environment; requires gowning attire and hair/beard covers to maintain a particle free environment. Low to moderate noise level. Minor exposure to chemicals. May work at a desk or workstation.
• High School degree/GED.
Experience with optical measurement equipment, hand tools, gages, pressure and force gage testing.
• Training in blueprint reading and experience with inspection sampling techniques.
• Knowledge of FDA, GMP, ISO 13485.
• Good communication and computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• ASQ CMI certification preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Must be willing to work overtime as required, including weekends
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
• 0-2 year’s experience.
• Previous experience in Quality performing inspection.
• Prior medical device component inspection experience preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org