Abbott Maintenance Supervisor 1 Night Shift in Tipp City, Ohio
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
( Night Shift Position)
The Maintenance Front Line Leader is a working supervisor who leads a small team of maintenance technicians and supports the ongoing production operation of an aseptic liquid nutritional manufacturing facility.
• Assist in development, planning, and execution of all plant-related maintenance activities including Preventative, Predictive, and Demand maintenance work.
• Develop and refine detailed maintenance job plans and procedures.
• Provide training, guidance, and mentorship to plant maintenance staff members.
• Trouble-shoot and resolve equipment-related issues that impact ongoing production.
• Work with the Operations, Engineering, and Quality teams to investigate, identify root cause, and implement corrective actions for equipment-related failures.
• Is able to work off shifts.
• Model and promote the behaviors that support a continuously improving EHS culture by engaging with employees and other key stakeholders in ensuring all EHS requirements are met inclusive of internal and external regulatory objectives and direction. Coach and direct individuals in delivering EHS performance for themselves, their team and department.
• Preparation and active participation in internal and external EHS audits and incident/accident investigation and reporting; coupled with timely implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
• Model and promote the behaviors that ensure delivery of high quality products for our customers while maintaining compliance with Abbott policies and procedures, meeting all local and statutory requirements, and adhering to the regulatory requirements of countries to which products are shipped. Lead efforts required delivering quality and compliance performance for the shift/ line of accountability Initiate, manage, and make decisions which impact product quality.
• Preparation and active participation in internal and external Quality audits and incident investigation and reporting; coupled with timely implementation of corrective and preventative action.
Finance / Business Acumen:
• Model and promote a thorough understanding of what drives product costs, profitability and cash flow for the shift and within the department, while operating within budget material utilization and Cost Improvement Program goals. Manage budget accountability for Headcount, Overtime, and direct expenses for a shift and/or line. Track, trend and continuously improve budgetary performance for direct expenses, headcount, overtime (OT), Operating Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), production (Unit/Hour, Pounds/Hour), Material Usage Variance (MUV) and Scrap and Cost Improvement Projects (CIP).
• Understand financial statements, key performance measures, and provide input for all line budgetary decisions. Develop the skills necessary to manage financial budgetary line items involving headcount management, overtime, scrap reduction and material utilization variance (MUV). Share in the preparation of the annual budget and any updating reviews.
• Direct Financial accountability up to $ 2MM USD.
Promote and Drive continuous improvement programs utilizing common problem solving tools and methodologies in processes and procedures within the shift/ operating line/ department for root cause analysis and resolution of issues.
Actively plan and organize the day to day manufacturing operations and schedules.
Anticipate and drive proper alignment and prioritization between production and support teams.
Drive OEE performance, understand the drivers, and develop and execute plans around improvement of line performance and quality metrics with support from the direct manager. Understand all key performance indicators, driving and executing plans for improvement through team engagement.
Model and promote organizational values by providing effective leadership, direction, development and support to the team. Drive a culture of engagement through the High Performance Work Team.. Directly supervises team and participates in performing repairs and staffing activities.
Assure team members are trained and understand duties, responsibilities, and performance against established expectations.
Provide timely coaching, counseling and feedback.
Develop all line personnel by securing appropriate training, providing mentoring and assigning progressively challenging stretch responsibilities within the scope of the team and department accountabilities.
Engage in drafting own goals, lead the process of development of team goals and growth planning. Create a learning environment and support individuals learning and development plans.
Ensure delivery of effective performance management while establishing and sustaining a positive work environment.
Execution of on time performance reviews for direct reports
Establish a communications framework that assures timely and relevant transfer of information to and from all levels and functional areas of the organization.
Ensure compliance with all HR practices, policies and procedures.
Understand and effectively use the rewards and recognition programs.
Champion positive employee relations by maintaining a high profile presence on the floor, direct engagement with employees, regular open communications and encouraging knowledge sharing and open exchange of ideas.
Scope & Accountability:
This position will require some general direction and supervision from direct manager; with key decisions being made in collaboration with direct manager and High Performance Work Team. . The Maintenance Front Line Leader I will initially be learning through the direct coaching of management the leadership requirements to become competent in delivering organizational results in all key performance areas. He/She will develop the competence to lead their shift team in consistently meeting all organizational expectations of a Front Line shift team. Works with their direct manager to identify change opportunities and effectively manage these to positive outcomes for individuals, team, line and the business.
Conduct preventative maintenance programs, inspects, lubricates, repairs, and overhauls a wide variety of mechanical, plumbing and electrical, but not limited to: fire protection systems, building HVAC, egress systems and exit lighting. Analyze equipment breakdowns to determine source of trouble or malfunction. Recommend and or perform repairs to equipment.
Leadership in this role will primarily be focused on the direct reporting group with support from the direct manager, as required. Focus is on day to day operations, with short term focus based on meeting requirements that are tactical versus strategic.
Manage and guide the TPM team(s) to improve quality and increase productivity on the line. Communicates to line the High Performance Work Team daily while maintaining a constant floor presence. Maintains a safe work environment with 100% training and compliance to applicable procedures.
Coordinates activities related to shift starts and changes. Leads and coordinates daily activities of the shift team to meet daily requirements that positively impact the rest of the multi-shift line results. Working with their direct manager, other Front Line Leaders and other management, will establish the High Performance Work Team culture where people feel empowered, are accountable for the business and continuously improving the shift and the line. Communicates with other departments and functions as needed in support of meeting operational objectives.
Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
Manages personnel and processes to ensure production meets all associated quality standards.
Financial management for assigned Maintenance by managing headcount utilization, reducing line downtime and scrap. This list is not all inclusive.
Promote team, department and site goals through team communications and providing direction and guidance towards achievement.
Active participation in team and department projects including responsibility for execution of assigned actions.
Track, trend & report on established KPI's; communicating to functional manager and site leadership team on accomplishments, opportunities for improvement and planned actions.
Follows escalation reporting process with inputs from peers/manager for decision making as required. Make and communicate decisions that are appropriate for level of accountability.
Budgetary accountability is limited – $2MM USD
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com