Veterans at Abbott
Abbott Enterprise Account Manager - IDD US in United States
The Enterprise Account Manager (EAM) is responsible for selling the entire Abbott Rapid Diagnostics Infectious Disease (ID) product line to large, complex, strategic, named accounts, such as Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs). The EAM is accountable to develop and manage strategic customer relationships that result in the retention of base-business and the further penetration of the full ID product portfolio. To do this, the EAM sets effective Account strategy and leads the tactical execution of that strategy by leveraging the full scope of resources across the ARDx commercial team.
Primary responsibilities include: 1) achieve sales objectives within assigned Accounts; 2) establish and build senior-level relationships within assigned Accounts; 3) leverage relationships, customer and market knowledge, and internal resources to drive new profitable sales while protecting base-business; 4) identify innovative strategic solutions for the commercial team; 5) provide accurate and timely forecasting to senior leadership; 6) collaborate across US Infectious Disease functions to ensure commercial goal achievement.
· Meet established sales goals and objectives while maintaining sales budget.
· EAM is responsible for driving profitable revenue growth within assigned Enterprise Accounts by initiating, developing and/or delivering solutions that improve customer outcomes and Abbott’s business results; ensures all commitments are met.
· Plan, coordinate and manage the activities of the broader commercial team (sales, marketing, finance, etc.) to achieve the sales goals of the Company.
· Understand specific customer needs and relevant market dynamics, and effectively position company solutions to address them.
· Identify sales opportunities and effectively represent the Company and its products in the marketplace.
· Direct the field implementation of Company sales, marketing and national account programs.
· Maintains a detailed understanding of customer decision-makers and influencers; builds, preserves, and leverages customer relationships to drive new sales and protect base-business.
· Integrates information from ongoing business analysis and assessment into a multiyear plan; leads through persuasion and personal influence an internal ‘selling’ team to develop an actionable account strategy with short-term tactics to achieve desired results.
· Coordinates through collaboration all appropriate Abbott resources to execute the strategic account plan
· Works with regional or national leadership team to assign roles; expectations; responsibilities and timelines
· Engages members of team through ongoing communication; tactical planning & execution.
· Acts as an internal advocate for the customer; cultivates Abbott internal relationships and leverages to drive business objectives.
· Plan, coordinate and manage the sales performance of the Company's distributor sales force(s) in the assigned enterprise account. Act as primary contact for the distributor's sales and operations management team(s).
· Contract negotiation, pricing/proposal/bid preparation, customer service and customer follow-up.
· Identify customer issues and resolve sales-related difficulties.
· Assist in the formulation of strategic sales plans and tactics, including annual Territory/Regional Plans and Sales Forecasting
· Assist in the development and management of annual sales budget.
· Interact and communicate with associated operating departments as necessary to produce cohesive efforts to accomplish Company goals.
· Monitor market, customer and competitor trends and advise management on methods to improve Company competitiveness. Work closely with Company marketing department to assist identification of new opportunities and to develop marketing plans and programs.
· Provide regular sales reports, forecasts and communication with sales and marketing management.
· Maintain a superior level of knowledge of the applications and technologies related to Company products to assure accurate representation to the marketplace.
· Support the commercial team through active sharing of ideas, techniques and approaches.
· Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
· Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of ARDx Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
· Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the Company and is consistent with the Company’s policies and practices.
· Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities.
· BA/BS in sales, marketing, business management or related coursework.
· Additional training in laboratory product sales and the diagnostics industry.
· 7+ years of proven healthcare sales or leadership experience. 3+ years of Enterprise Account and IDN sales experience preferred.
· Demonstrated leadership (with or without authority) experience including problem solving, conflict resolution, complex selling, and planning and execution. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and documented success in team selling environment.
· The candidate should have proven ability to build long term strategic and senior level relationships and demonstrated capability to uncover a large, complex organization’s long-term strategic plan and short-term tactics and translate them into a winning solution. Proven success as an expert in all aspects of value-based, solution selling and ability to work in cross-functional teams to meet clearly defined objectives that benefit the Company and customer. Additionally, ability to effectively communicate, speak in public, and adapt to rapidly changing environments is a must.
· The candidate must have executive level business and financial acumen, strong team leadership skills and knowledge of all products and services. They should possess strong negotiation skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Additionally, must have strong internal and external networking skills with robust inter-personal skills that will develop and enhance long term relationships.
· Travel is at least 60%.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org