Veterans at Abbott
Abbott Product Manager - Vector Borne Diseases in South Africa
DO WORK THAT MATTERS.
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create the life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere ) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies.
In this role, The Product Manager will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of our global marketing strategy in Africa. They will drive the acquisition, analysis and distribution of key market and customer data, and be responsible for delivering information and insights to identify new market opportunities for the region as well as compete effectively in our existing product and market segments. They will observe the patient pathway to develop companion testing solutions that improve case finding and linkage to care. They will also work externally with customers and users to understand needs and growth prospects for our business
· Support commercial leaders with market development activities such as roadshows, advisory board meetings, trade show presence, etc. Take from concept to execution
· Support marketing manager to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans. Coordinate efforts of internal cross-functional teams to ensure timely execution of tactics and programs within specified budgets.
· Develop effective sales training tools to support the field sales team in interpreting clinical data, guidelines, product benefits and competitive positioning.
· Develop keen understanding of workflow and lean benefits of products, refining product positioning and developing key messages for customers.
· Build and maintain a database for tracking key market data for the region. Includes cleaning, organizing and analyzing the market data
· Track and analyze funding, pricing and volume trends for major product categories
· Perform ad-hoc market assessments based on review of epidemiological, economic and healthcare data
· Support primary and secondary market research projects
o Assist with qualitative and quantitative market research to develop new insights into the market and recommend appropriate changes in positioning and key messages as necessary.
o Monitor and communicate competitive activity and market trends as well as formulating strategic responses.
o Act as primary contact for interactions with field-based reps about product related inquiries.
o Liaison with sales for demand planning and forecasting.
· Travel: 30 – 50%
- A tertiary qualification in either a Science related or Business-related study is essential
Experience And Competencies:
Preferred experience within the IVD and Infectious disease markets
Successful marketing, brand management and/or sales experience
Experience with putting together brand plans
Strong communication skills, strong collaborative skills
Attention to detail, comfortable with PowerPoint and story telling
Strong Excel skills required. CRM knowledge would be useful
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org