Veterans at Abbott
Abbott Inventory Coordinator (Night 5pm-5am) in Westbrook, Maine
• Participates in cycle count process and physical inventories.
• Creates and maintains all types of material transaction records, such as receipts, transfers, issues, returns, shipments, and adjustments.
• Enters and maintains purchase orders (P.O.’s) in manual and computer manufacturing/business systems.
• Coordinates replacement of stock and expenses items by interfacing with procurement personnel.
• Prepares reports and inventory analyses as required.
• May maintain and perform receiving, stock, and shipping duties per documented procedures. May fill requests for parts as required, and issue components or supplies as necessary.
• May maintain line stocks as defined by management.
• Notifies supervisor of the need to replenish supplies/materials and of any difficulties that cannot be readily corrected.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
• Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• High School Diploma / GED or other specialized training/equivalent related experience. Associates Degree preferred.
• 4+ years of progressively more responsible inventory control experience.
· Complete knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the job; requires a thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, company products, polices, and programs.
· Work cooperatively and productively with others.
· Demonstrated competence in English spelling, grammar and punctuation, including the ability to successfully pass a reading comprehension pre-employment examination.
· Demonstrated organizational skills, attentiveness to detail and the ability to work under minimal supervision is required.
· Must be adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner while meeting assigned deadlines.
· Must also have demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and basic math skills.
· Comprehensive ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English is also required; this requirement includes clear, understandable speech, demonstrated comprehension skills, and demonstrated competence in English spelling, grammar and punctuation.
· The ability to successfully pass a reading comprehension pre-employment examination is mandatory.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and Company operating procedures, processes, policies and rules is essential.
· Must be able to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential information. Demonstrated proficiency in operating a personal computer; the ability to pass a 10 key assessment examination.
· Must be proficient in using various PC-based software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, or similar word processing/spreadsheet software.
· Must be able to maintain regular and predictable attendance; the ability work overtime is also required.
· Duties regularly require moderate to heavy body/strength movements to manually lift and handle bulky items on a frequent basis weighing up to approximately twenty-five pounds.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com