Abbott Training Coordinator in Westford, Massachusetts
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Working under general supervision, provides Learning Management System (LMS) software support in accordance with requirements specified per U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Detailed Work Instructions (DWIs). Assists managers in determining training needs and requirements. Utilizing the LMS software system, identifies, creates, and tracks training for any department. Takes initiative to ensure work is done accurately and completely. Applies existing work methods to known situations, handling typical daily issues previously identified, and must be able to recognize when it is too complex and beyond their capability in order to defer to more advanced level personnel to assure projects are finished in a timely manner.
· Assist departments in defining training requirements and determining timeline.
· Work closely with department managers to ensure training is available when needed and completed when required.
· Set up audiences, certification trainings, courses, versional documents, and track in-class, online, onsite and offsite training.
· Develop, run, and distribute reports as scheduled or upon request for management and/or audit use.
· Manage the process that assigns courses to employees.
· Determine percentage of training successfully completed and inform managers when their training is complete and documents can be released in TeamCenter (TcE).
· Input content into LMS using pre-determined organizational structure and naming conventions.
· Maintains regular, reliable, and predictable attendance. Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Performs other essential functions and responsibilities as determined by the Company from time to time.
· Work additional hours, days, or schedules (including other shifts, weekends, and/or holidays), if directed.
· Remains current on software changes and developments in field(s) of expertise.
· Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems, with more complex issues being referred to more advanced level personnel.
· Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
· Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
· High school diploma or other specialized training/equivalent related experience.
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field, preferred.
· A minimum of 6 months of progressively more responsible experience using applications such as LMS, MS Office, database software, Adobe software, Captivate, SharePoint, online training module software, or the equivalent is required.
· Requires knowledge and a demonstrated understanding of all aspects of the job; knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, company products, policies, and programs.
· Incumbents are required to work cooperatively, respectfully and productively with others, and be able to create and maintain a good rapport with all customers.
· Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work under general supervision are required.
· Must be adept at handling multiple projects in a timely manner, while meeting assigned deadlines.
· Must also have demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication, customer service skills, interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as basic math skills.
· The comprehensive ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English is also required.
· The demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable FDA regulations and Company operating procedures, processes, policies and rules is essential.
· Must be able to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential information in addition to being capable of resolving problems with customers in a professional manner.
· Must also demonstrate basic skills using various PC-based software, as well as spreadsheet software (i.e., MS Excel).
· Training software and/or Electronic Data Management system experience a plus
· Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
· Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
· Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
· Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
· Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
Must be able to maintain regular and predictable attendance; the ability to work overtime is also required
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com